Sunday, August 3, 2014

Confrontation

Woke up late this morning.  Missed morning service.  I was supposed to start going back this morning.  I'll try for next week.  Decided to just work the ranch and get some debris clean up done.  There are still lots of storm debris all over the ranch that needs to get cut, picked up, or moved out of the way.  Goat herd busy eating up the wind fallen leaves.   

I was working with the sheep flock moving them.  When Rex's barking caught my attention.  He was facing the road and had that snarling growling bark.  Then I heard chopping and voices on my side of the roadway as I quietly walked the trail closest to the road.  I decided to see who was out there.  It would be odd to see government workers clearing storm damaged trees on a Sunday, but not uncommon after a storm.  

As I walked out of the driveway, I noticed a guy across the road collecting coconut fronds, a ladder next to the three year coconut tree, and kids on the road.  That didn't bother me.  What bothered me was the guy on my side of the road, inside the property cutting coconut fronds off one of the trees.  That bothered me.  At that moment, I informed the young guy in the family property, that he is on private property and to get out.  The guy that was collecting coconut fronds, who is older than the younger guy, but younger than me, told the young guy to go ahead and cut the leaves.   That's when I walked closer and told them again, that they're going into private property and to leave.  He replied that their just cutting the leaves.  Then he asked if the younger guy may cut the leaves.  I said, No.   I told them to get out and stay on their side, meaning their side of the road.  

At the same time, as I was talking to them, I was thinking how I wished my dog, Duchess, was still here at my side.  She would wait right by my side, until I gave her the command, "Hit".  Then she would go for the closest guy to me, if he tried to attack me. 

After watching them for a minute or so, I walked back into the ranch and just observed them from behind the trees and brush.  After gathering up the coconut fronds that they had cut, they returned to their rental unit.  I realized that two of them had machetes of the four or five that were on the road.  I need to get my other ranch dog, Stormie, off her lead and back on rover duty.  

These guys forget that I still remember that it was them and their family that stole scores of ducks and chickens from my ranch a couple of years ago.  They even killed and ate my ranch dog, Shortie.  One of the best ranch dogs I had.  He was a really skilled and trained dog, right up there with my other ranch dogs: Lucky, Stormie, and Duchess.  Now all I have is Stormie.  

All they had to do before this confrontation happened, was ask.  That's all I'm asking for, is ask permission before you help yourself to anything on my and my family's properties.  I didn't need the coconut fronds.  There is a lot.  But they didn't ask.  And because of what happened the last time...I have to be adamant and say, NO, no more.  I will not make it convenient for you and your family just because my trees are close by. 






No comments:

Post a Comment